Check-in: 4 p.m *Check-out: 10 a.m
Our check-in Registration Office hours are from 4:00 p.m. until 9 p.m. Should you expect to arrive outside these hours, please call to make special arrangements for your arrival and check in at the office in the morning. During the off-season, earlier check-ins may be possible. *Requests for later check-outs may be requested, but cannot be guaranteed if we have a busy check-out day.
Pool and Hot Tub
As we operate an outdoor pool and hot tub, the pool opens approximately mid June and closes the third weekend in September of every year. The hot tub may stay open after the pool closes, depending on usage and weather.
Pets are welcome to join us at Swept Away Cottages, however, the following guidelines are to be adhered to:
- Pets are an additional $20 per pet, per night. Plus HST (Service Animals no charge – if a service animal is required to aid you during your stay, please make sure to have all certificates, licenses, registration, etc. is made available to reservation staff to confirm legal requirement)
- We reserve the right to apply pet fees directly to your account if pets are not accounted for at the time of booking or arrival
- All pets are to be leashed at all times while visiting outside the cottages and kept kenneled while left alone or during the night.
- Owners must clean up after pet’s “outside” activities
- No pets are permitted on the furniture or in/on the beds or in swimming pool or hot tub areas
- Housekeepers will not be approaching any cottages unless pet owners are present
- You will be held financially responsible for any damages that may occur or if pets leave a mess that presents unpleasant odors or stains. Swept Away Cottages reserves the right to charge additional cleaning charges for extra cleaning needed because of pets.
- You will be held responsible for the behavior of your pets, any major issues may result in the removal of your pet from the premises
No Smoking Policy
Swept Away Cottages are 100% Smoke Free. Please take careful note that this includes ALL substances.
Designated Smoking Areas:
- *Cottage decks (outside only) – ash pots are provided on every deck
- *Fire Pits- unless request not to, as they are communal and level a level of courtesy is requested.
Absolutely NO SMOKING in any of the following areas: (Loosely defined as “Public Areas”)
- *Inside cottages
- *Pool area
- *Children’s Play Areas
Important to note that there will be an additional $200 + HST cleaning/repainting fee applied to the credit card on file should evidence of smoking inside the cottage be found. Evidence includes but is not limited to: Smell of smoke/substance, loose butts, ashes, etc.
In the event the interior is damaged (pine walls, material furniture that is costly to remove odor, etc.) guests may be subject to additional replacement and/or repair fees, re-inspection fees, and/or legal action.
We are sorry, Visa-Debit or Mastercard-Debit are not accepted.
Booking Requirements/Cancellation Policy * please note, the information below applies to regular seasonal bookings. The Cavendish Beach Music Festival bookings adhere to separate and additional policies.
A 25% deposit on total reservation amount is required at the time of placing the reservation; payable by Visa or Mastercard. The balance of reservation is due upon arrival.
Cancellations may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-877-963-2929
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to the arrival date are fully refunded, minus a $50 processing fee.
20-30 days prior – full deposit is non-refundable
19-11 days prior – 50% of total reservation shall apply
Less than 10 days – 100% of the total reservation shall be applied to your credit card.
Should the cottages become re-reserved, all moneys (except the processing fee) shall be refunded in full. After 30 days prior to check-in, you will be held responsible for all nights that do NOT become re-reserved.
- Management reserves the right to request proof of test results should a reservation be cancelled due to positive Covid19 exposure.
- Please note: $50.00 processing fee applies to all cancellations due to any circumstances. This amount shall cover all credit card charges occurred for placing and refunding amounts, and all paperwork involved in placing and cancelling reservations.
We are small family owned business owners and have a short rental season in Prince Edward Island. You are buying the time available in the cottage, essentially you “own that time slot”. Shortening your stay is not only affecting our calendar and revenue, it also takes time for our office staff to alter reservations.
Shortening your stay prior to arriving will result in an administration fee of 50% of one-night/per cancelled night.
NO REFUNDS will be offered if while staying, you decide to shorten your stay.
Cavendish Beach Music Festival
- 5-night minimum stay required
- Rates increase during the Cavendish Beach Music Festival
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to confirm your reservation and is valid from time of booking. Once the deposit has been processed, should you decide to cancel, if we can re-rent your accommodations, your deposit will be credited. (less a $50 processing fee)
- A $500 authorization fee will be required at check-in. (authorization will put a hold on funds on your credit card, making those funds inaccessible until released. We release the authorization fees upon departure after your cottage has been inspected and reported with no damages etc.) Absolutely no parties or large groups allowed, quiet time is 11:30 pm, zero tolerance for excessive noise or disturbance.
- All guests must be registered and will receive a bracelet upon check-in. Guests that are not wearing bracelets will be asked to leave the premises. Cottages cannot exceed the maximum number of guests. All vehicles must also be registered. Please no visitors during the Cavendish Beach Music Festival dates.
- Visitors are permitted on property, however, it is required they sign in at the office prior to visiting our guests.
- All visitors must vacate the property by 9:00 pm, otherwise your account will be charged (without notification) the extra person fees as listed on the Rates & Reservations page of our website.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times when visiting.
Swept Away Cottages reserves the right to apply incidental fees directly to the guest’s credit card, without notification, should any of the above circumstances take place.
Covid 19 Policies
Swept Away is following the Provincial Health and Safety Guidelines provided to us by the PEI Government. We have put in place enhanced cleaning protocols to help keep us all safe. Below are some guidelines we ask you to follow.
PLEASE NOTE – Illness/Exclusion Policy – People who are sick should not visit Swept Away Cottages- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, fever, or difficulty breathing, we ask that you STAY HOME. We reserve the right to refuse entry into our facilities to anyone displaying symptoms.
- Please respect and follow the social distancing regulations – staying a minimum six feet apart from other guests and staff members at Swept Away Cottages.
- Upon entering the office, each time, please use the hand sanitizer provided. One person at a time permitted in the office.
- Guests must register at the office to use the pool and hot tub. The pool area will be equipped with a camera and will be monitored by the front desk to ensure capacity of 20 in the pool is not exceeded. Bracelets may be given to each guest, to allow us to follow the safety guidelines of 20 people maximum in the pool area. Please do not move the lounge chairs, as they are set at the distance of 6 feet. Select pool times may be implemented if guests do not adhere to these guidelines.
- MAXIMUM 2 people or ONE FAMILY permitted in the hot tub at one time.
- Please sanitize hands before entering pool area. We provide disinfectant wipes for guests to wipe down lounge chairs.
- It is mandatory that you use the hand sanitizer each time you enter the pool or the front desk area.
- For the safety of our guests and our staff, we will not be offering “in service” towel and garbage exchange. Each cottage is equipped with a laundry basket. We ask that you put your soiled towels and garbage in the basket each day, place it on your deck 11 am, and we will replace it with new supplies.
Reservations needing to cancel due to Covid19 Government travel restriction will be given a full refund. Otherwise, we will be adhering to our normal cancellation policy.